Nandrolone Cypionate Profile
Nandrolone-Cypionate is one of many Nandrolone steroidal compounds available, and there is plenty of it on the market. A compound with tremendous performance and therapeutic benefits, while itís often thought of as a performance steroid only it is one of the best for combating anemia, muscle wasting diseases, osteoporosis and even has a strong claim on the total rejuvenation market. Of course, from this alone itís not too hard to see how Nandrolone-Cypionate might benefit you from a performance standpoint as muscular endurance and tissue growth are intrinsic to its nature. Of course, you might be asking what Nandrolone-Cypionate is; most of you know it by its popular trade name Dynabol, an anabolic steroid that is for all intense purposes identical to Nandrolone-Decanoate (Deca-Durabolin). Whichever one you choose, the results will be nearly identical; the Cypionate version is a little faster acting, but this increase in acting speed is miniscule. With all of this in mind, letís take a look at this compounds nature, the good, the bad and the ugly and see what we can find.
Nandrolone-Cypionate is a powerful anabolic androgenic steroid most commonly found under the Dynabol name. A 19-nortestosterone (19-nor) compound, this refers to the testosterone compound having the carbon atom removed from the 19th position, and like most all 19-nor steroids Nandrolone-Cypionate carries a strong progestin nature. Carrying an anabolic rating of 125 and an androgenic rating of 37, its androgenic activity is normally slightly greater than its rating will imply; it must be noted, all ratings are measured against testosterone which carries a 100 in both categories. At any rate, these ratings, especially their translating action should tell you this steroid is perfect for growth, and that will be one of the primary reasons behind supplementation.
A steroid that does aromatize, Nandrolone-Cypionate like all Nandrolone compounds only aromatizes at about 20% the rate of testosterone, but this is enough with the progestin nature to make side-effects concerning as we will see later on. A moderately slow acting steroid, Nandrolone-Cypionate carries an active half-life of approximately 12 days; this means its initial activity will be slow, but its total duration will be quite extensive; especially when we consider the compounding of doses after several weeks of administration. On this basis, for therapeutic need, most will only need to inject the compound once every week, and performance enhancers could get by with the same, but most will find two equal sized injections per week to be more efficient.
Beyond this steroids general information, what most want to know about are its actual traits, and the Nandrolone hormone carries quite a few. Regardless of the Nandrolone hormone you choose, the traits will be the same; it will be its mode of action in-regards to time that varies with each form. At any rate, the Nandrolone-Cypionate compound carries six primary anabolic steroidal traits and does so at high rates of power. Of the six, two are unique to the Nandrolone hormone, and it will be these two that give this compound such a strong rejuvenation benefit. The traits are as follows:
- Increased IGF-1: Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is a tremendously
powerful peptide hormone produced by the liver and intrinsic to a
well-functioning endocrine system. Affecting nearly every cell in the human
body, this is a highly anabolic hormone that works with our muscle tissue,
cartilage, bones and even our nerves and lunges. Playing a strong role revolving
around healing and recovery as well as being anabolic, through Nandrolone
supplementation more of this potent peptide is now available.
- Enhanced Nitrogen Retention: all lean muscle tissue is comprised of 16% nitrogen, and while that may not sound like much itís enough to play a massively important role. The more nitrogen we retain, the more anabolic we remain, and when levels fall we can enter into a catabolic state. It is through this enhanced retention that once again growth is stimulated as well as the tissue preserving effects that make Nandrolone-Cypionate such a valuable steroid.
- Increased Red Blood Cell Count: from the above two traits, itís easy to see how growth and recovery can be promoted as well as the treatment of muscle wasting diseases, but through this trait we see its anemia combating effects come to life as well as the Nandrolone hormones ability to promote muscular endurance. Red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen to and through the blood, and the greater the count the greater the blood oxygenation. As anemia is a low red blood cell condition, Nandrolone will remedy the problem, and for the performance enhancer itís not hard to see how this is a benefit.
- Increased Bone Mineral Content: this is one of the traits that make the Nandrolone hormone so special, as increased bone mineral content leads to a stronger skeletal structure; along with collagen synthesis this is precisely why it can be used to treat osteoporosis and promotes such wonderful relief and healing properties.
- Increased Collagen Synthesis: collagen is the protein that represents the connective tissue of the joints, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and even within the muscle tissue itself. As synthesis increases, there is more collagen to do what collagen does, and once again relief and rejuvenation are promoted; couple this with increased bone mineral content and you have an amazing anabolic steroid by these two traits alone.
- Increased Metabolic Rate: Nandrolone-Cypionate supplementation will enhance your overall metabolic rate due to the enhanced anabolic atmosphere. While it will promote s strong metabolic boost, it will not directly promote lipolysis; this steroid does not bind firmly to the androgen receptor, but this trait will prove to be useful in the benefits section below and tremendously so.
The Benefits of Nandrolone-Cypionate:
When it comes to the benefits of Nandrolone-Cypionate, the primary benefit is lean tissue growth; while thatís true itís not as cut and dry as you might think. When most people think of lean tissue growth and anabolic steroids, they immediately think of a mass monster, and this steroid can help you reach this end, but that will be dependent on what you desire. If youíre only looking for a slight increase in lean tissue mass or massive mass this steroid is for you, but the rules of nutrition do not magically disappear just because youíre using an anabolic steroid. You must eat for mass, and if you want to be a mass monster you must eat like a mass monster and take large doses of the steroidal compounds you need to get there. If you donít do these things and donít want to be a mass monster, thereís good news for you; youíre not going to be a mass monster; in-fact, if your total caloric intake is below maintenance you wonít grow, and if it is at maintenance you wonít grow much. In any case, with a sound diet that meets your needs based on the desire, this is an excellent steroid for growth; growth will be slow but it will be steady and will add up fast after numerous weeks of supplementation. Further, by the metabolic enhancing traits, you will be able to gain more lean tissue with less fat gain, and that is invaluable.
Beyond mass, without question the benefits of Nandrolone-Cypionate that are the most valuable of all revolve around recovery and rejuvenation; weíre referring to enhanced healing, faster more efficient healing and recovery. This could be due to any stress you put your body under such as training or sporting competition, or due to a condition you suffer from. Of course, muscular endurance is increases as well, and through this and the rejuvenation you have a more effective and efficient you for any purpose you can come up with; these are largely the reasons so many athletes supplement with the Nandrolone hormone.
Of course, you may be asking how any of this might apply to a cutting cycle, and itís often said Nandrolone compounds cannot be used when cutting; this is not true. Regardless of your purpose of use, the healing and rejuvenation properties as well as increased muscular endurance will always be there; of course, if youíre cutting mass promotion is not an issue as your caloric intake will be below maintenance. Even so, the other benefits are enough to make it a worthy consideration, and letís not forget this is one of the best lean tissue preservers on the market. In any case, it wonít take that much Nandrolone in a cutting plan to yield the desired benefits, but it can be useful in a supplemental sense to supplemental steroid use.
The Side-Effects of Nandrolone-Cypionate:
Like all anabolic steroids, Nandrolone-Cypionate carries possible adverse side-effects, and this goes for all steroids and anything of a non-steroidal nature we might put into our body; even vitamins and even some foods. Of course, this is also one of the most well-tolerated anabolic steroids of all time, and safe, successful and side-effect free supplementation is more than possible for the healthy adult male. This is something thatís hard for many people to get there head around; after all, weíre talking about an anabolic steroid and the idea that side-effects are possible and not guaranteed is a foreign concept to many. With this in mind, we want to look at the possible side-effects of Nandrolone-Cypionate, explain why theyíre possible, how they can be avoided and of no concern if you follow the right steps.
- Gynecomastia: gynecomastia (male-breast enlargement) is a condition that is
most commonly caused by excess estrogen, and as aromatization refers to the
conversion of testosterone into estrogen aromatizing steroids are the number one
culprits. As you recall from above, Nandrolone-Cypionate does not aromatize
heavily, but progesterone buildups can also cause this condition often referred
to as gyno, and since there is moderate aromatization activity and a progestin
nature gyno becomes a real concern. While it can be concerning, it becomes a
non-issue if we use an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) as AIís not only inhibit the
aromatase process but reduce estrogen and progesterone levels in the body;
problem solved. It should be noted; some use Selective Estrogen Receptor
Modulators (SERMís) to combat gyno due to aromatization; it can work but itís
often not enough and will not do a thing to combat progesterone.
- Excess Water Retention: when it comes to water retention, estrogen is the culprit, and while Nandrolone-Cypionate does not aromatize heavily it is enough to warrant a concern. Large progesterone buildups can also contribute, but this would need to be a massive buildup, and as such estrogen is really the only concern. At any rate, once again the AI from above will be your protecting tool; after all, it inhibits aromatase and lowers estrogen levels. Beyond this, diet also plays a role; if youíre using an AI yet still holding water it is possible your AI dose is not high enough, but more than likely youíre just overeating, and more than likely youíre overeating carbohydrates.
- High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol: while these are two separate issues, the increase is caused by the same thing. Excess estrogen can play a role and as such an AI can help, but your total dosing and overall lifestyle will have the biggest effects. If your levels are not healthy, you should not supplement, but if theyíre in a proper range you should continue to live in a way that promotes their continuation; in-fact, you should give it a little extra effort and attention. If you do this, supplement with proper doses and are not genetically predisposed to high blood pressure or cholesterol for some underlying reason you should be fine.
The above represents the possible, but there is one side-effect of Nandrolone-Cypionate supplementation that is guaranteed; while guaranteed, it too becomes a non-issue if you follow proper supplementation practices. At any rate, if itís an anabolic steroid, in most all cases it will suppress your natural testosterone production to a degree; suppression rates will vary depending on the steroid you use. In the case of all Nandrolone-Compounds, they will be as suppressive as a steroid can be; 100mg will be enough to suppress 100% of your natural testosterone production; weíre talking about a single 100mg injection. As this occurs, as testosterone is manufactured in the testicles and production has been halted your testicles will atrophy, but all hope is not lost.
Due to suppression, it is imperative you supplement with some form of exogenous testosterone; the form does not matter; all that matters is you provide your body the testosterone it needs. Absolutely, your body needs testosterone, it is one of the most important hormones you produce, and if you fail to provide the body what it needs you will fall into a tremendously unhealthy low testosterone condition. Of course, if you supplement with exogenous testosterone, there is no concern; you are providing your body all it needs and it will not know the difference. Of course, this does nothing for testicular atrophy; after all, thereís still no natural production; it should be noted, atrophy merely refers to a loss of fullness. In any case, once all steroidal use is discontinued and the exogenous steroidal hormones have cleared your system your natural testosterone production will begin again, and as a result your testicles will return to their normal size. An important note; this recovery is assuming you did not suffer from a low testosterone condition prior to supplementation, and that you did not severely damage your HPTA during supplementation with poor practices.